Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Nights

It's Friday!  It's Friday!  Friday night has been my favorite night as long as I can remember.  As a teenager, I could only date on weekends, so Friday night was date night.  As a young working mom, Friday night was the beginnig of two uninterrupted nights with my husband and sons.  Friday night supper was typically pizza,  the night I knew I wouldn't have to cook.  Once my sons left home, Friday night became date night again with my husband, Don.  Friday nights was divided between grilled steaks or homemade pizza.  Don was the cook, so I was always guaranteed the night off from cooking.  The boys knew not to call home on Friday nights unless it was an emergency.  As a working woman, Friday night began two uninterrupted days with Don.  My favorite part of the week. 

Now living near my grandchildren, my son has re-invented the special Friday night.  They call it movie night.  The movie tonight is How to Train Your Dragon, which was just released today on DVD.  Dinner spread out on the coffee table includes sliced cheese, sliced meat, and various crackers.    When we are too stuffed to eat anything else, the pop and popcorn are brought out.  Yup there is still room, we find.  The best part is not the movie, the dinner, or the popcorn.  The best part is the fact we are all siting on the couch enjoying uninterrupted time together. 

I found a web site this week, I believe you will enjoy.  While looking at my friend Kay's blog Fiction Lessons Found in My Reading she directed us to Penguin Group.  Like Kay, I had to look around the site for a while and listened to one of the books.  Although my grandchildren and I enjoy reading to each other, it will be fun to share this site with them.  Listening to someone else read for a change will be a treat.

Do you have a special night you share with your family?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed the Penguin site. I think it's a good example of how to use the internet to promote. -- Kay