Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Weekend Fun

Our Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes are filled and my granddaughters age 6 and age 8 are coloring pictures to add to their boxes before we drop them off at the church tomorrow.  Completing the letter telling about themselves gives me new insight into how well they understand the concept of giving and how blessed I am to be able to share this with them.  

The question I keep hearing in the stores this week is whether we will actually get snow on Saturday or not.  Talking with a friend from Colorado, I understand the snow has started and she is looking for an inch or two tomorrow.  I'm not a big fan of driving in the winter, so the warning I keep getting about Iowa winters has not made me feel any better. 

There is one aspect of winter I will look forward to this year and that is watching my grandchildren sledding.  I understand there is a decent hill in our neighborhood (yes I'm still in Iowa).  If you live in the area, check out the 18 Sledding Hills in the Des Moines Area article from the Des Moines Register in 2009.  The map pointing out each hill is an added bonus.  For the more adventuresome try Sleepy Hollow Sports Park or Seven Oaks Recreation Area.  Looks like I'll have to change my tune to Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow. 

No comments: