Monday, April 18, 2011

Summer is Coming

Summer is coming and who is more excited, my grandchildren or me?   It's probably me since they look at me strangely whenever I say "Summer's coming!" and with the next breath "Get your warm coats on, we have to get to school."  It's hard for me to contain my excitement.

We've had one birthday since my last post and today we have another birthday.  So far this year we have granddaughter age 10 now 11, granddaughter age 8 now 9, and granddaughter age 6 turning 7 today.  Grandson age 7 is still 7, looking forward to age 8 in a few months. 

Granddaughter age 9 has made up a summer fun list for me, one side for indoors and one side for outdoors.  Last weekend the weather was exceptionally warm, so we went to their favorite park for a hike. Parks were on her outdoor list.  Throwing rocks into the river, watching sticks float down the river, and climbing trees added to the enjoyment of the hike.  I got some much needed exercise, also.  The weather has turned cold again.  We don't mind.  There are still velvet pictures to color, plastic canvas Easter bunnies to complete, movies from the library to watch, and lists to make for fun days this summer. 

What are your plans for the summer?

No comments: